This Web Site Legal Terms and Disclaimer (the “Agreement”) is an agreement between you (“You” and “Your”) and BauBid Inc. (the “Company”). “We” and “Us” means both You and the Company. The effective date of this Agreement is when You accept or are deemed to accept this Agreement in accordance with the procedure set out in this Agreement.
Acceptance Procedure IMPORTANT! YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. CAREFULLY READ ALL OF THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET OUT BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM, PLEASE EXIT THIS WEB SITE.
- The Company’s website is a forum where people who are interested in obtaining renovation or home improvement services can connect with renovation or home improvement service providers. The Company is not a party to any interactions or transactions, including any projects or relationships arising out of Your use of the Company’s website. You are solely responsible for the retrieval and use of the Content (as defined below), transactions, products and services available on or through this website. The Company has no obligation to screen any of the Content, nor does the Company monitor the Content that You or other users post on the Company’s website. You should apply Your own judgment in making any use of the Content, including, without limitation, the use of the Content as the basis for any conclusions, including engaging in any way with any individuals, companies, brands or services listed on or through this website as the case may be.
You hereby consent to the exchange of information and documents between Us electronically over the Internet or by e-mail and that this electronic Agreement shall be the equivalent of a written paper agreement between Us.
- Ownership And Copyright. You acknowledge that any and all information on the Company’s website including without limitation any content, project information, real estate information, data, databases, graphics, images, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, product names, company names, trade-marks, logos and trade names contained on this web site (collectively the “Content”) including the manner in which the Content is presented or appears and all information relating thereto, are the property of their respective owners as indicated, the Company or its licensors, as the case may be.
- Permitted Use. The Company hereby grants to You a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read and download one copy of the Content. You agree to keep Your account information, including any login information, secure and confidential. You agree to immediately notify the Company if You have any reason to believe (a) that Your account has been accessed by someone other than You, or (b) if Your account has been otherwise compromised.
- Restrictions On Use. You agree that You will not: (i) distribute the Content for any purpose including without limitation compiling an internal database, (ii) redistribute or reproduce the Content in any way; or (iii) create derivative works of, decompile, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, copy, bundle, sell, sub-license, export, transfer, loan, lease, assign, share, host, publish, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, the Content in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise. You shall not permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of the Company or its licensors or allow any third-party to access the Content. The restrictions set out in this Agreement shall not apply to the limited extent the restrictions are prohibited by applicable law. You agree that You will not post any information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate. The Company reserves the right in its unfettered discretion, to remove any Content that You submit or post on the Company’s website.
- User Content. You are responsible for all Content that You submit to any public areas of the Company’s website. You understand that by posting Content, including any contact information or personal information, You are making said Content available to the general public. The Company is not responsible for any consequences of any Content that You post in a public area of the Company’s website, including any misuse of contact information or personal information.
- Fees. User membership on this website is generally free. The Company charges fees for certain services including, for example, contractor membership. When selecting a paid service, You will have the opportunity to review and accept that fee. All fees are quoted in Canadian Dollars, and may change from time to time. Fee changes are effective when We provide You with notice by posting said changes on the Company’s web site. Fees are non-refundable, and You are responsible for paying fees when they are due. If payment is not made when it is due, We reserve the right to collect outstanding fees by other avenues available to the Company.
For any paid services, the Company does not guarantee any revenue, projects or clients resulting from Your membership, nor does the Company guarantee any benefit to You, including monetary or goodwill benefit.
In the event that the Company’s website fails for any reason, resulting in downtime to Your paid posting, the Company will maintain the paid posting on its website for an amount of time equal to the downtime. In any case, the Company will not be responsible for issuing a refund of Your fees.
By using the Company’s website, You understand and agree that the Company may share Your information with other users of the Company’s website.
- Disclaimers. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TRANSACTIONS ON THIS WEB SITE OR ON THE INTERNET WILL BE MAINTAINED CONFIDENTIAL AND SECURE. THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY PERTAINING TO THE CONTENT, YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE RECEIPT, STORAGE, TRANSMISSION OR OTHER USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You are solely responsible for the retrieval and use of the Content, transactions, products and services available on or through this website. The Company has no obligation to screen any of the Content, nor does the Company monitor the Content that You or other users post on the Company’s website. You should apply Your own judgment in making any use of the Content, including, without limitation, the use of the Content as the basis for any conclusions, including engaging in any way with any individuals, companies, brands or services as the case may be.
This website and its Content are not to be construed as a form of promotion. This website contains links to other sites. The Company does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness contained at such sites, and when You access such sites, You are doing so at Your own risk. In providing links to the other sites, the Company is in no way acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on those other sites and does not monitor or control such sites. A link to another site should not be construed to mean that the Company is affiliated or associated with same. THE COMPANY DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY HYPER-LINKS TO OR CONTENT FOUND, ON OTHER WEB SITES. The mention of another party or its product or service on this web site should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service.
The Company will not be responsible for any damages You or any third-party may suffer as a result of the transmission, storage or receipt of confidential or proprietary information that You make or that You expressly or implicitly authorize the Company to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted, stored or received information.
THE CONTENT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE, UP TO DATE, COMPLETE OR UNTAMPERED, AND ANY USE OR DECISIONS WHATSOEVER THAT ARE BASED ON THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THIS WEB SITE AND ALL CONTENT AND SERVICES ON THIS WEB SITE OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS, OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OPERATION, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, LEGALITY, SUITABILITY, PRIVACY, SECURITY, QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THOSE ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, AGGRAVATED, ECONOMIC OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS LAWFUL AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIM.
IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES, BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM: VIRUSES, DATA CORRUPTION, FAILED MESSAGES, TRANSMISSION ERRORS OR PROBLEMS; TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICE PROVIDERS; THE INTERNET BACKBONE; PERSONAL INJURY; DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY YOU, OR YOUR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS; LOSS OF USE OR LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF FACILITIES INCLUDING COMPUTER RESOURCES, ROUTERS AND STORED DATA; THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT; ANY OTHER WEB SITE ACCESSED TO OR FROM THIS WEB SITE; OR EVENTS BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE COMPANY, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS LAWFUL AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIM.
THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO OBLIGATION TO UPDATE THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE. THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY FIND UNDESIRABLE OR OBJECTIONABLE. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REPRODUCTION OF ANY PORTION OF THE WEB SITE. ACCESSING THE CONTENT FROM TERRITORIES WHERE IT MAY BE ILLEGAL IS PROHIBITED.
- Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated by the Company, with or without cause, in the Company’s sole and unfettered discretion. The Company may terminate this Agreement without notice to You if You fail to comply with any of its terms. Any such termination by the Company shall be in addition to and without prejudice to such rights and remedies as may be available to the Company, including injunction and other equitable remedies. The disclaimers, limitations on liability, ownership, termination, interpretation, Your license to the Company, Your warranty and the indemnity provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- Indemnity. You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its agents, suppliers, affiliates and their respective directors and employees against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by the Company directly or indirectly in respect of: (i) any information or other content You provide on or through this web site or by e-mail or other correspondence; or (ii) Your use or misuse of the Content or this web site, including without limitation infringement claims.
- Governing Law. The Company is located in the Province of Ontario, Canada. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada and shall be treated in all respects as an Ontario contract, without reference to the principles of conflicts of law. In the event of a dispute, We agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Ontario courts. You agree to waive any right You may have to: (i) a trial by jury; and (ii) commence or participate in any class action against Company related to this web site, the Content or this Agreement and, where, applicable, You also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against Company or its licensors. We have required that this Agreement and all documents relating thereto be drawn-up in English. Nous avons demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en Anglais.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement as it may be amended from time to time in accordance with the provisions of Section 13, and any and all other legal notices and policies on this web site, constitute the entire agreement between You and the Company with respect to the use of this web site and the Content.
- Amendment and Waiver. The Company reserves the right, in its discretion, to amend this Agreement at any time by posting amendments on this web site. You are responsible for periodically reviewing the amendments on this web site and You are deemed to be aware of such amendments. If You do not agree to the amended terms and conditions, You shall immediately stop using this web site. Access to this web site or use of this web site after any amendments have been posted shall constitute Your acknowledgement and acceptance of the amended terms and conditions. No supplement, modification or amendment to this Agreement and no waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding on the Company unless executed by the Company in writing. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed or shall constitute a waiver of any other provision (whether or not similar) nor shall such waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided.
- Severability. Any provision of this Agreement which is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in such jurisdiction shall, as to that jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability and shall otherwise be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law, all without affecting the remaining provisions of this Agreement or affecting the legality, validity or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction.
- Enurement. This Agreement shall enure to the benefit of and be binding upon each of Us and our respective successors and permitted assigns. You acknowledge having read this Agreement before accepting it, and having the authority to accept this Agreement.